I spent a lot of my childhood building forts in the woods and in the backyard… mostly out of sticks and branches, but occasionally Mom would give us the OK to build an indoor fort out of sheets, blankets and couch cushions. Here are five reasons indoor forts are awesome.
1. They are magical. There is no reason that stretching sheets and blankets between a table and some chairs should provide for a particularly pleasant experience. But it does. There is no other reason for this other than a secret inherent “fort magic” that science can provide no explanation for. (Although, studies show that fairy lights are correlated with high quantities of fort magic.)
found here and here!
2. They can be totally fancy! Designer forts? Yes, please!
3. The fun-itude of any activity (reading, writing, laughing, watching movies, eating ice cream, etc.) is multiplied by a factor of 85 when enjoyed in a fort or fort-like setting.
4. There is no room for negativity in a fort. No worries or real-life problems. Leave your troubles at the door. Or flap-type entrance.
5. The snuggliness of it all. You know you love it. Don’t even lie.
Hope you enjoyed my little ode to forts. Now go build one!